What to Expect Studying at Notre Dame of Maryland University
Small classes, lectures and seminars provide a climate for individualized learning while conferences and faculty project collaborations offer opportunities to network and boost your resume.
Student Learning Outcomes
After completing the program, you will be able to:
- Integrate global perspectives on political, economic, cultural, environmental issues into business decisions
- Compare political and economic systems to identify differences that affect business transactions
- Develop international competitive strategies based on ethics and social responsibility that address social, economic, and environment needs in both the home and the host country.
- Communicate and work effectively with people from other countries and cultures
- Speak and write proficiently in at least one language other than one's native tongue.
- Integrate knowledge of different cultures to identify needs and evaluate management techniques that are appropriate for different countries.
- Demonstrate professional, persuasive, analytical, logical, and effective written and oral communications
- Integrate quantitative and qualitative skills to solve problems and support international business decisions
- Use accounting, economics, finance and other business data to solve international business problems and to support international business decisions.
- Investigate complex issues that affect international business and to formulate strategies to address these issues through critical thinking
- Use appropriate business tools and technologies in solving international business problems and presenting their solutions.