The ELI offers 5 eight-week sessions throughout the year. You may enroll at the beginning of any session.
Special programs and short-term programs are also available upon request.
Who Can Apply?
We accept applications from anyone whose native language is not English. This includes international students, visitors, au pairs, U.S. residents, and others.
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have completed secondary school;
- Be at a high beginner level (know the English alphabet and be able to speak in simple present tense)
Unfortunately, the ELI does not offer classes for low beginner level students.
- Applicants Requiring an F-1 Student Visa
- F–1 Visa Transfer Students
- Other Visa Holders, Permanent Residents, and U.S. Citizens
Session Dates & Application Deadlines
|Session||Session Dates||International Deadline||Orientation|
|Fall I 2019||August 26 - October 17, 2019||July 15, 2019||August 19, 2019 (MON)|
|Fall II 2019||October 21 - December 12, 2019||September 9, 2019||October 14, 2019 (MON)|
|Winterim 2020||January 6 - January 17, 2020||November 25, 2019||N/A|
|Spring I 2020||January 21 - March 12, 2020||December 10, 2019||January 13, 2020 (MON)|
|Spring II 2020||March 23 - May 14, 2020||February 10, 2020||March 16, 2020 (MON)|
|Summer 2020||June 1 - July 23, 2020||April 20, 2020||May 25, 2020 (MON)|
* International Application Deadline dates only required for new F-1 Visa applicant.