Veterans Services

Thank you for your extraordinary contributions and sacrifices as a member of the armed services. We understand the challenges of transitioning from soldier to student, and we are committed to ensuring you have a positive experience at Notre Dame.

Whether you are a traditional student studying full-time in the Women’s College or a working professional studying part-time in the College of Adult Undergraduate Studies, the University has a long history of providing quality educational programs that meet the needs of all students.

Yellow Ribbon Program

Notre Dame proudly participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program and has committed $4,000 for up to 10 full-time undergraduate students each year, which is matched by the VA.

Learn more about the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program, a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008.

Troops to Teachers

As an approved provider of teacher certification in Maryland, Notre Dame also participates in the Troops to Teachers program.

The program provides a link between active duty and veteran armed service members who desire to pursue a career in education by providing:

  • Counseling
  • Financial Assistance
  • Placement Assistance

Troops to Teachers is a federal program funded by the Department of Education and administered by the Department of Defense through the Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES).

Initial Enrollment

  1. Apply to the University.
  2. Once admitted, obtain an Application for Program of Education Form (VA form 22-1990) from the Department of Veterans Affairs or the VA representative in the Business office.
  3. Submit a copy of the completed application to the Business office.
  4. You must be register for classes before enrollment certification can be sent to the Buffalo Regional Processing Center.