Leadership in Teaching: Administration & Supervision
The Master of Arts in Leadership in Teaching: Administration and Supervision helps transform classroom teachers into school administration leaders. Teachers will develop the ability to communicate, plan for and manage change in today’s dynamic multicultural environment.
Additional Study Options
- Cohort Programs
- Study 100% Online
As a student in this program, you will be able to:
- Develop supervisory interpersonal skills with the ability to promote positive and change-oriented relationships with teachers/students from diverse population.
- Demonstrate moral and ethical aspects of leadership; plan for educational equity, act with integrity; and write a personal professional Code of Ethics.
- Recognize the importance of research and demonstrate a leadership vision by creating a change project inclusive of program, communication plan, budgeting plan, timeline for implementation, and monitoring plan.
- Work collaboratively with peer administrators and district leaders to insure quality education in their districts.
At the completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Achieve Administration I Certification in the State of Maryland. An Administrator I Certification prepares graduates to serve as Assistant Principals, Department Chairs, Instructional Leaders and other leadership roles in education.
- Pass the licensure exam for Admin II if you so choose.
- Develop knowledge, skills and disposition of a professional educator, assisting others in continued Professional Development.
- Generate a forward-thinking collective vision for school/s that identifies current teaching, learning and assessment practices, and the commitment to move the school forward to embrace modern teaching, learning, and assessment practices with technology usage.
EDU 557 - Leadership I (3)
EDU 567 - Learning Theory and Practice (3)
EDU 543 - Reading, Analyzing, and Interpreting Educational Research (3)
EDU 544 - Educational Assessment (3)
EDU 556 - Technology for Instruction and Management (3)
EDU 560 - Legal Issues for Teachers and Administrators (3)
EDU 563 - Curriculum Development (3)
EDU 569 - Supervision: Empowering Teachers (3)
EDU 688 - Practicum: School Administration and Supervision I (3)
EDU 690 - Practicum: School Administration and Supervision II (3)
Select one of the following:
EDU 577 - Internet in Teaching and Learning (3)
EDU 665 - Digital Game Based Learning and Design (3)
EDU 676 - Educational Applications of Multimedia (3)
Select one of the following:
EDU 552 - Global Perspectives in Teaching (3)
EDU 553 - Educational that is Multicultural (3)
Total Credits: 36
What to Expect Studying at Notre Dame of Maryland University
With award-winning teacher certification programs nationally recognized by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, you can expect to benefit from small class sizes, expert faculty, and practical field experiences.
Flexible Class Schedules
Work with an advisor to develop a personalized program plan:
- Courses offered in the evenings at times convenient for working adults.
- Occasional courses available on Saturdays or online.
Opportunity to Teach in a Catholic SchoolOperation TEACH, NDMU Class of 2019 Leadership in Teaching: Administration & Supervision Read story
Notre Dame is one of the state’s largest and most significant private providers of teacher education.
Graduates of this program have become successful principals, heads of school, and superintendents.