School of Nursing
Indiana University of PA
Ph.D. in Administration and Leadership Studies
The Pennsylvania State University
State College, PA
Master of Science, Major in Nursing, Specialty Adult Health and Addictions
Thomas Jefferson University
Bachelor of Science, Nursing
Certifications and Trainer
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC)
Areas of Interest
- Assessment of Student Learning in Higher Education
- Evaluation Of Programs For Program Effectiveness And Meeting Accreditation And Licensing Standards
- Quality and Safety Nursing Education (QSEN)
- Behavioral Health— Addictions and Mental Health Nursing
- Family Involvement in Addiction Treatment
- May 2013. “The Effect of a Quality and Safety On-Campus Clinical Activity on BSN Student Understanding of Causes of Medical Error and Accountability.” QSEN Institute: Embracing New Heights, Atlanta, GA. (Poster Presentation)
- February 2012. “Applying Quality Improvement Principles to Evaluate Program Effectiveness.” 2012 Master’s Education Conference. San Antonio, TX (Invited Speaker at Plenary Session—National Conference)
- September 2011. “Shifting the Focus of Addiction Treatment from an Acute to Chronic Care Model.” International Nurses Society on Addiction 35th Annual Educational Conference. Tucson, AZ. (Podium—International Conference)
- February 2011. “Evaluating Program Effectiveness Through the Use of Quality Improvement Tools.” 2011 Master’s Education Conference. Scottsdale, AZ. (Podium—National Conference)
- May 2013. “The Impact of a Clinical Safety Educational Strategy on Undergraduate Baccalaureate Nursing Students’ Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes about Patient Safety and Systems Thinking.” Co-Investigator.
- March 2013. “Integrating Students’ Voices in Curriculum Redesign for Program Evaluation Purposes.” Principle Investigator.
- June 2012. “Integrating RN to BSN Completion Program Students’ Voices in Curriculum Redesign for Program Evaluation Purposes.” Principle Investigator.
- March 2012. “The Effect of a Quality and Safety Campus Clinical Activity on Nursing Students’ Understanding of Causes of Medical Errors and Accountability.” Principal Investigator.