Our students reach their academic goals in timely ways through rigorous, flexible business programs as documented through our office of institutional research.
Business Programs Respond to Our Core Mission
The business and nonprofit programs at Notre Dame of Maryland University develop socially responsible leaders who understand core business concepts, solve problems ethically, think critically, and communicate effectively to maximize sustainable results for both organizations and the larger society.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Notre Dame of Maryland University received ACBSP accreditation for the following programs:
Certificate programs are not eligible for ACBSP accreditation: the post-baccalaureate certificates in Leadership and Management, Leadership in Nonprofit Management, and Risk Management are not eligible for accreditation. The Bachelor of Arts in Corporate Communication will not be accredited.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
For those starting in the first-year, the average time to degree completion: 3.7 years
- 100% graduate within 4.5 years (all graduate by fall term after expected graduation date)
- 80% graduate within 4 years
- 20% graduate a semester or more early!
For those entering as transfer students with 30 or more credits, the average time to completion: 2.6 years
- 100% graduate within 4 years
- 88% graduate within 3 years
- 44% graduate within 2 years
College of Adult Undergraduate Studies
For those entering with transfer credits and studying part-time, average time to degree: 4.1 years
- Take as few as one course per year for as many years as you need
- 42% graduate within 3 years
MA in Leadership and Management
- 13 courses: 9 core (including capstone) and 4 electives
- Combines hybrid with face-to-face and online offerings
- Opportunities to publish capstone project
- Average time to degree: 3.25 years
- 68% graduate within 3 years
- 28% graduate within 2 years
MA in Nonprofit Management
- 12 courses: 10 core (including capstone) and 2 electives
- Primarily face-to-face, some online or hybrid
- Action-oriented capstone
- Average time to degree: 2.8 years
- 77% graduate within 3 years
- 49% graduate within 2 years