To be considered for admission to a graduate program at Notre Dame, a new applicant must must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
Please be sure to complete section V: Work Experience. Our program is designed for nurses in practice. Applicants who are not currently practicing nurses will not be considered for the program.
Application materials should be submitted to:
Notre Dame of Maryland University
School of Nursing
4701 North Charles St.
Baltimore, Maryland 21210
Upon review and evaluation of all required admission materials, selected applicants will be invited to interview with nursing faculty.
2. Official Transcript(s)
- All undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree granting school
Sealed official transcripts should be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office.
Students with degrees from universities outside of the United States should submit an official course by course evaluated transcript. Learn more at World Education Services (WES).
3. Active Registered Nursing License
Download and print from Maryland Board of Nursing.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation
Recommendations should be completed by those who have direct knowledge of your clinical expertise and potential to succeed in the chosen concentration, and have directly supervised you.
The NDMU School of Nursing prepares graduates for opportunities and possibilities of fulfilling the mission "educating nurses to transform the world." The essay is considered seriously in the application review process. Take care to write clearly, logically, and grammatically correct with attention to correct structure and format of good writing. (APA formatting is preferred.)
Please address both of the following instructions in a 750-1000 word essay:
- Describe how you intend to work towards fulfilling this mission upon program completion. Please speak specifically to the concentration to which you are applying. Please make mention of your goals for the future.
- Provide a balanced assessment of your personal characteristics that may impact your ability to fulfill this mission. Please ensure that you speak to your leadership and interpersonal style.
Contact an Enrollment Manager
Alumnae of the University are exempt from providing transcripts, unless they attended another institution after completing their degree at Notre Dame.
Students with a Master’s Degree
Students that have completed a previous master’s degree are exempt from completing the essay requirement.
Students with graduate level work completed at another university are eligible to transfer up to six credits.