Take your academic experience to the next level.
Notre Dame of Maryland University makes it easy to transfer credits and complete your degree on time. For a smooth transition and a respected degree, consider Notre Dame.
Students are eligible to transfer up to 68 credits from a community college and up to 90 credits from another four-year institution. Students must receive a grade of C or higher in their courses to receive credit at Notre Dame.
Transfer credits are evaluated using the University's transfer policy and all prospective students have the opportunity to have their credits evaluated prior to applying to Notre Dame.
The enrollment managers in the College of Adult Undergraduate Studies can provide an evaluation and transfer overview during an initial, individualized visit to campus or during one of the many transfer fairs and programs in which Notre Dame participates.
Transfer Admissions Process
Applications to the College of Adult Undergraduate Studies are completed on a rolling basis year-round. However, we encourage all students to apply and be accepted at least a month before the start of each semester, especially if they are planning to use financial aid.
What We Look For
The following information is assessed during the application review process:
- Quality and strength of each student’s curriculum
- Grades received in all college-level courses, especially those in the liberal arts, math and sciences
- Writing skills as evidenced through a student essay or writing sample
Transfer students applying to Notre Dame need to submit the following documents for consideration:
- Completed application (online form or paper copy)
- $45 application fee or signed waiver from alumna, staff or faculty
- Official high school transcript (not necessary for students with grades in at least 12 college level courses)
- Official college transcripts from all academic institutions previously attended
Financial Aid Assistance
Financial aid is available to all students. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for consideration of assistance from the federal/state government, external companies/agencies and Notre Dame institutional need-based grants.
Schedule a Visit
Schedule a visit to meet with an admissions counselor to learn more about transferring credits and the transfer admissions process. Campus tours, class visits and appointments with academic departments are also available.
Talk to an Admissions Counselor
Contact an admissions counselor and learn more about our programs.