The official transcript contains identifying information, a complete record of all coursework, transfer credits, academic status and any degree(s) or certificate(s) granted. The transcript is kept as a permanent record of the University.
The official academic records of all students, past and present, are housed in the registrar's office.
Request Your Transcript
You may only request a copy of your Notre Dame transcript. Transcripts from other institutions, although part of your permanent Notre Dame record, must be obtained from the previous school attended.
You are only eligible to receive a transcript if all financial obligations have been fulfilled. If you believe that you may have an unresolved balance, please contact the Business Office directly.
Transcript Request Form
Submit the request to the registrar's office:
- By Mail
- By Fax
- On WebAdvisor (processed weekly)
Note: This form can not be emailed since an original signature is required.
There is currently no payment requiered for transcripts and processing is typically within 3–4 business days.
If there are any problems with the request, a staff member will be in touch with you by phone or email.
Note: If you graduated before 1970, a full week turnaround may be required so that your record can be obtained from the archives and prepared for release.
Releasing a Transcript
- A transcript will only be issued with written authorization from the student. No telephone, email or third-person requests will be honored.
- Transcript requests should be made at least one week in advance of expected delivery.
- All financial obligations to the University must be met before transcripts will be released.
- Requests are not processed when the University is closed or when only limited services are available (e.g., holidays, inclement weather closings).
- Transcripts are typically processed within 3-4 business days.
- Transcripts are mailed to the addresses indicated on the request form or can be made available for pick-up by the student during regular business hours on Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, noon to 4:30 p.m.
- Transcripts can only be picked up by the student whose record is being released unless written permission has been given by the student. Any individual picking up a transcript must show picture identification at time of pick-up.
- Transcripts will not be faxed under any circumstances.