We offer opportunities for commuter students to get involved, connect with the campus community, and take advantage of available resources.
Commuter students include anyone enrolled at NDMU in the Women's College, College of Adult Undergraduate Studies, College of Graduate Studies, PharmD, and PhD programs.
The Commuter Lounge is a space in the lower level of Doyle Hall that is available for you to study, relax, and socialize with other students. There are additional resources in that space for your convenience:
- Two computers and a quiet space to relax between and after classes
- Dry erase board to work on group projects
- Tables, chairs, and comfortable seating
- USB ports for easily charging electronic devices
Located in the lower level of Doyle Hall, Gator Alley provides a wide offering of uses from study spaces, group meetings, events, and activities.
The space features:
- Gator Grind, the university's cafe that proudly serves select Starbucks items
- 2 large flatscreen televisions that can be used for entertainment or presentations
- Sound system to play music in the space
- Large tables for group meetings or gatherings, which are also ideal workspaces
- Individual tabletop seating
- USB ports to easily charge electronic devices
- Comfortable couches and chairs in addition to other seating options
- 2 microwaves and ice machine
Knott Science Center Student Lounge
Located directly off of the Knott Science Center main lobby, this space offers comfortable seating along with tables and chairs for small gatherings.
Lockers for commuter students are available in the lower level of Doyle Hall as well as in the Marion Burk Knott (MBK) Sports Complex. Lockers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students should provide their own locks and will need to remove locks and empty lockers completely by the last day of exams at the end of the Spring semester. The Office of Public Safety will cut any locks and dispose of left items at the close of the semester.
Please note that the university or its representatives is not liable for any damages or contents within the lockers. In the event of an issue, please contact Public Safety.
There are additional lockers and changing spaces inside the locker rooms located in the lower level of MBK Sports Complex near the pool. For access to the locker rooms, please contact Athletics and Wellness.
Doyle Dining Hall
Doyle Dining Hall is a welcoming gathering place for our University community. It features an open kitchen, comfy booths along the windows, and a long seating counter lined with electric outlets to power electronic devices.
You can purchase either the block or commuter student meal plan in the Business Office.
Located in the lower level of Doyle Hall, Gator Grind is the university's cafe that proudly serves select Starbucks items, is available for NDMU community members during the following operating hours:
Mondays - Fridays: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The University's Triangle Bookstore, located in the lower level of Gibbons Hall, offers a variety of snacks and microwaveable meals along with coffee and bottle beverages. Triangle Bookstore Operating Hours
Vending machines are located in various locations around campus.
- Knott Science Center, First Floor (around corner from Knott Auditorium)
- Doyle Hall, Lower Level (located in hallway near the Gator Alley entrance)
- MBK Sports Complex, Lower Level (near MBK Gymnasium)
- Gibbons Hall, Lower Level (across from Triangle Bookstore)
- Fourier Hall, Lower Level
- Loyola Notre Dame Library (LNDL), Main Lobby
Additional campus parking is located off-site on Homeland Avenue at the former Knights of Columbus parking lot.
Parking Regulations & Procedures
NDMU Students will need to register their vehicles with the Office of Public Safety in-person in two locations on-campus:
- Public Safety Switchboard, Gibbons Hall, Front Entrance
- Public Safety Office, Gibbons Hall, Lower Level, Room
Carefully review the parking rules and regulations (PDF) prior to parking on campus.
Questions about technology on campus, including Wi-Fi, computer labs, and technical difficulties with access to online tools may be directed to the Information Technology (IT) Help Desk at email@example.com.
There are several computer labs and areas to access computers on campus:
- Rice Hall Computer Lab- Take a virtual tour of this space!
- Gibbons Hall Mac Lab
- Knott Science Center Computer Lab
- Doyle Hall, Commuter Lounge
- Language Lab, Meletia Hall, Lower Level
- Knott Science Center, Room 124
- Loyola Notre Dame Library (LNDL)
Gator Print is the University's print-from-email service for our campus community. This allows NDMu students to email a standard document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, etc.) to the Gator Print email account that automatically sends the print job directly to the Gator Print server for release at any NDMU print station.
Printing Station Locations
- Doyle Hall, Lower Level near Gator Alley entrance
- Fourier Hall, Room 009
- Fourier Hall, Room 202C
- Gibbons Hall, 4th Floor
- Gibbons Hall, Lower Level near elevator (Color printing available)
- Knott Science Center, Room 106
- Knott Science Center, Room 119
- LeClerc Hall, Room 215
- MBK Sports Complex, Athletic's Office Suite
- Meletia Hall, Lower Level, Room 016
- Meletia Hall, Lower Level near Room 030
- Noyes House, 2nd Floor Hallway
- Rice Hall, Computer Lab, Room 106 (Color printing available)
- Theresa Hall, Room 123
- Theresa Hall, Room 212
- University Academic Building (UAB), First Floor Tech Hub
- University Academic Building (UAB), School of Nursing, Room 207B