Leadership in Teaching: Digital Technology Leadership
The Master of Arts in Leadership in Teaching: Digital Technology Leadership explores digital tools to reinforce and drive learning, as well as assess, evaluate and support all learners. The curriculum also focuses on how to lead digital learning programs and impact learning objectives through virtual learning environments.
- Reading, Analyzing and Interpreting Educational Research
- Legal Issues for Teachers and Administrators
- Curriculum Development
- Learning Theory and Practice
- Teaching the Digital Generation in the Globalized Classroom
- Instructional Tools for Digital Learning
- Design and Implementation of an Online Learning Environment
- Educational Leadership and Tech
- Digital Game-Based Learning and Design
Curriculum (36 Credits)
EDU-557 Leadership Seminar I (3)
EDU-560 Legal Issues for Teachers and Administrators (3)
EDU-563 Curriculum Development (3)
EDU-569 Supervision: Empowring Teachers (3)
EDU-XXX Educational Leadership and Technology: Preparing School Administrators for the Digital Age (3)
EDU-665 Digital Game-Based Learning and Design (3)
EDU-543 Reading, Analyzing, and Interpreting Educational Research (3)
EDU-XXX Technology Systems in Schools (3)
EDU-XXX Instructional Tools for Digital Learning (3)
EDU-XXX Practicum in Educational Technology Integration (first and last class f2f) (3)
Electives (Select two)
EDU-XXX Teaching the Digital Generation in the Globalized Age (3)
EDU-XXX The Online Learning Environment: Design and Implementation (3)
EDU-577 The Internet in Teaching and Learning (3)
EDU-676 Educational Applications of Multimedia (3)
What to Expect Studying at Notre Dame of Maryland University
With award-winning teacher certification programs nationally recognized by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, you can expect to benefit from small class sizes, expert faculty, and practical field experiences.
Flexible Class Schedules
Work with an advisor to develop a personalized program plan:
- Courses offered in the evenings at times convenient for working adults.
- Occasional courses available on Saturdays or online.
- Study in summer only and complete the program in four consecutive summers.
- Choose to study at a satellite campus.
Graduates of NDMU are highly recruited for employment; we partner with local school systems to help our students navigate the hiring process.