The NDMU Office of Conference and Auxiliary Services is pleased to offer Gator Swim School! Our mission is to help young swimmers build upon their skill sets and be confident in and around the water. Let’s swim together!
We will be offering swim instruction to swimmers of various levels – focusing on ages 5-11 – from first time swimmers to those with a stronger foundation and advanced skills.
Swim Instruction Levels
- Level 1 – Water Exploration for first time swimmer to become comfortable in the water. Learn to float, kick, and submerge in the water.
- Level 2 – Primary Skills. Learn to hold your breath, safely enter and exit pool, movement in the water, and retrieve objects
- Level 3 – Stroke Readiness. Learn safe diving rules, treading water, begin learning different strokes and safe jumping into deep water.
- Level 4 – Deep Water Bobbing. Learn new strokes (breaststroke, backstroke) and safe turning. Treading water for 2 minutes.
- Lever 5 – Alternate Breathing. Continue stroke development and breathing techniques.
- Level 6/7 – Longer stroke duration. Breathing skills. Turning skills. Treading water for 3 minutes with no hands.
Swimmers enrolled in Gator Swim School should complete 10 lessons in each level before advancing to the next level. We will be offering two sessions, 10 lessons each, in Spring of 2021. Depending on the level, swimmers will have either Saturday or Sunday lessons, with each lesson lasting 45 minutes long.
Lessons will be 45 minutes long.
|Saturday Lesson Time Slots
||Sunday Lesson Time Slots
|9am - 9:45am
||9am - 9:45am
|10am - 10:45am
||10am - 10:45am
||11am - 11:45am
||12pm - 12:45pm
||1pm - 1:45pm
*level offerings subject to change based on registrations
At this time, we are currently accepting 5 swimmers per level, per session; however we will have a wait list for each level and may be able to offer additional classes.
For more information on Swim Levels, check our Gator Swim School Level Descriptions (PDF)
- All lifeguards and anyone on the pool deck has to wear masks at all times, except when in the pool.
- All attendees have to complete the NDMU Symptom Checker 24 hours prior to coming to campus for their swim lessons; Gator Swim School staff have to follow the same process
- At this time, families of swimmers are NOT permitted to be on the deck during swim lessons; one parent or guardian may observe the lesson from the balcony level above the pool. Observers must wear masks at all times and maintain social distance.
Gator Swim School is staffed by experienced certified lifeguards and instructors to provide the best possible experience for your swimmer. They will be teaching from our own Gator Swim program to help swimmers advance their skills, and become confident in the water.
Gator Swim School Session Dates & Fees
||Full Payment Due
|Session 1: January 9 – March 14 (Canceled Due to Baltimore City COVID-19 Restrictions*)
||January 8, 2021
|Session 2: March 20 – May 22
||March 19, 2021
Swim Level testing will take place on the Wednesday and Thursday prior to the session start date.
*We are still accepting registrations for Session 2. Families that signed up for Session 1 have been contacted about moving to Session 2.
How to Register
Instructions on How to Register
- Click on the “Registration” button
- Fill in each field; if you are registering two swimmers you have the option to register both on the same registration form. If you are registering more than two, you will have to submit more than one registration form.
- Read & sign off on waivers at the end of the registration
- Submit registration form (You will be redirected to payment upon finishing the registration form)
- Download required PDF forms from the Gator Swim School home page and email or mail in completed forms
Instructions on Payment
- Click on the “Make a Payment” button
- Select which swim session you are enrolling your swimmer for
- If you are enrolling more than one for those same sessions, simply change the quantity
- You can pay by e-check/ACH or credit card.
- You can also mail a check made out to Notre Dame of Maryland University ATTN: Gator Swim School
Registration Make a Payment