The University offers students the option to request book advance funds. Bookstore advances are based on enrollment status and the amount of excess aid expected.
Once a student’s tuition, room/board, and fees have been paid, the excess can be used to buy books from the University's bookstore. For example, if your bill is $14,000 and you are receiving $14,500 in financial aid, we may be able to grant you a book advance for up to $500 depending on student type and credits:
Full-time Students - $600
- Undergraduate 12+ credits
- Graduate 9+ credits
Pharmacy Students - $700
Part-time Students - $50 per credit
- Undergraduate less than 12 credits
- Graduate less than 9 credits
Book Advance Requirements
- Print out a Book Advance Form and bring it to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Student must be matriculated and registered for classes.
- All requested documents must have been submitted to the office of financial aid.
- There can be no outstanding balance.
- Book advances are only given for fall and spring semesters with limited exceptions for summer: Pell-eligible students whose federal aid will result in a credit balance. There are no Bookstore Advances for winterim, but the winterim credits and charges are considered part of the spring semester.
- You can only request one book advance per semester.
- Book advances may be requested 2 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Book advances are not available after funds have disbursed to your student account for the semester.
- The last day to use the money on your card in the bookstore would be two and a half months into the semester.