Biology Department Knott Science Center (KNO) 337 email@example.com 410-532-5719
Programs I teach...
School of Arts, Sciences & Business
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, M.S. & Ph.D. in Neuroscience, 2007
- Hampton University, B.S. in Molecular Biology, 1999
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Association of Biology Laboratory Educators (ABLE)
- Association of College and University Biology Educators (ACUBE)
- Society for Neuroscience
- To understand how experience shapes the invertebrate nervous system.
- To explain the molecular and physiological events that underlie neuronal plasticity.
- Casimiro, T.M.; Sossa, K.G.; Uzunova, G; Beattie, J.B; Marsden, K. C.; Carroll, R.C., "mGluR and NMDAR activation internalize distinct populations of AMPARs." Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 2011 Oct; 48(2):161-70.
- Gao, M; Sossa, K; Song, L; Errington, L; Cummings, L; Hwang, H; Kuhl, D; Worley, P; Lee, H.K., "A specific requirement of Arc/Arg3.1 for visual experience-induced homeostatic synaptic plasticity in mouse primary visual cortex." Journal of Neuroscience 2010 May; 30(21):7168-78
- Sossa et al., "AMPAR exocytosis through NO modulation of PICK1." Neuropharmacology 2007 Jul; 53(1):92-100
- Sossa et al., "NMDA receptors mediate calcium-dependent, bidirectional changes in dendritic PICK1 clustering." Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 2006 Mar; 31(3):574-85.
- Animal Physiology (BIO 431)
- Special Topics in Biology: Neurobiology (BIO 411)
- Unity & Diversity of Life (BIO 230)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II (BIO 202)