- Ph.D., History of Art, Johns Hopkins University, 2015
- M.A., History of Art, Johns Hopkins University, 2010
- B.A. summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, History of Art and Architecture and French, Middlebury College, 2006
- Modern art and modernism
- Postwar art in Europe and the United States
- Media theory
- Intersections of art, literature, and film
- Art criticism
Wester, Jennifer Watson. “Facing the Real: Arman’s Accumulations.” Art Inquiries XVIII, no. 1 (Fall 2018).
Wester, Jennifer Watson. “Thomas Bayrle: Playtime.” ASAP/J (August 2018).
Wester, Jennifer Watson. “Objectified Gestures? Index and Agency in Arman’s Allures d’objet.” Interfaces 39 (July 2018).
Watson, Jennifer. “Reality and Simulacra in Andy Warhol’s Shadows.” Rutgers Art Review 30 (July 2014).
Houston, Kerr and Jennifer Watson. “Near the Origins of Art Criticism: An Original Translation of a Review of the 1741 Salon.” BmoreArt (April 2014).
Houston, Kerr and Jennifer Watson. “A Review of the 1741 Salon, in Context.” BmoreArt (April 2014).
Watson, Jennifer. “Roy Lichtenstein, A Retrospective.” caa.reviews (August 2013).
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- College Art Association
- Southeastern College Art Conference