Staffed by our experienced preschool teachers, A Child’s Place offers ten weeks of fun-filled theme-oriented camp sessions to excite our young campers. Entertaining age-appropriate activities for children from 3 to 6 years old (entering first grade) provide opportunities to stimulate curiosity, creativity, and imagination!
Five two-week sessions of learning and playing ensure that ACP campers enjoy an exciting early learning summer experience. Let’s explore nature on Notre Dame of Maryland University’s park-like campus as we take learning outside!
Join us for days filled with storytelling, music and movement, making art, nature and craft projects, water play and swimming (for 5-6 year olds), daily indoor and outdoor play, STEM activities, cooking, play-based learning, daily exploration and investigation, and more!
Normal Day: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Extended Day (No Extra Charge): 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Two-Week Camp Sessions: $575 per session
$50.00 Non-Refundable Deposit Required for Each Session
Ask about our Early Bird Special! Camp fee reduced to $555 for each session registered by March 31.
|June 10 to 21||Session I: Art-O-Rama|
|June 24 to July 5 (closed July 4th)||Session II: Bugging Out|
|July 8 to 19||Session III: Digging for Dinosaurs|
|July 22 to August 2||Session IV: Under the Sea|
|August 5 to 16||Session V: Animals! Animals! Animals!|
The teachers of the regular ACP preschool are also teachers for the ACP summer camp.
- Room 1 – 3 year olds (12 children / 2 teachers)
- Room 2 – 3 and 4 year olds (16 children / 2 teachers)
- Room 3 – 4 and 5 year olds (16 children / 2 teachers)
- Room 4 – 5 and 6 year olds (16 children / 2 teachers)
Camp Rules & Information
- All children must be fully toilet trained
- Full-day camp includes morning and afternoon snacks and beverages.
- Campers are required to bring lunch.
- Swim lessons for children in rooms 3 & 4 who are at least 5 years old.
- All staff members are trained in CPR and first aid.
- All 3 and 4 year olds will have an afternoon nap daily (1 to 3 p.m.).
- All children must have provided ACP with proof of immunizations and a completed Health Inventory before they attend their first camp session.
- Parents will be provided with A Child’s Place Parent Handbook – Summer Camp 2019 and are required to sign and return the “Policies Acknowledgement” indicating that you have read and understand the policies and procedures of ACP and agree to comply with them.
- Parents must send in sunscreen for their child and a Medical Authorization form for its use. The plastic tube or bottle of sunscreen must be labeled with the child’s name.
- Parents must provide pertinent medical information, e.g., asthma, allergies, and/or other medical conditions, when registering your child as indicated on the ACP Active Summer Camp online registration.
Policies, Forms, and Handbook
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- The ACP Summer Camp fee is $575 per two-week session.
- A non-refundable $50 deposit for each session in which you enroll is due at time of online enrollment. This will be applied to the camp fee for the session.
- The remainder of the Camp fee is due one week prior to the beginning of each session. There will be no refund of the Camp fee after the first day of each session.
*Ask about our Early Bird Special! Camp fee reduced to $555 for each session registered by March 31st!!
Summer Camp Forms and Documentation
All required summer camp forms are found within the online registration system. All required information must be uploaded via your created online registration account or hard copies must be submitted to ACP at least one week before the start of the first summer camp session for which your child is registered.
Handbook (also found within the online registration system)
The Policies Acknowledgement Form (also found within the online registration system) must be initialed and signed to indicate that you have read and understand the ACP policies and procedures as described in the Handbook and that you agree to abide by them. It must be uploaded or a hard copy must be submitted to ACP.