The ELI offers 5 eight-week sessions throughout the year. You may enroll at the beginning of any session.
Special programs and short-term programs are also available upon request.
Who Can Apply?
We accept applications from anyone whose native language is not English. This includes international students, visitors, au pairs, U.S. residents, and others.
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have completed secondary school;
- Be at a high beginner level (know the English alphabet and be able to speak in simple present tense)
Unfortunately, the ELI does not offer classes for low beginner level students.
- Applicants Requiring an F-1 Student Visa
- F–1 Visa Transfer Students
- Other Visa Holders, Permanent Residents, and U.S. Citizens
Session Dates & Application Deadlines
|Session||Session Dates||New Student Orientation||International Applicant Deadline|
|Fall I 2018||August 27 - October 19, 2018||August 20-21, 2018||July 9, 2018|
|Fall II 2018||October 22 - December 14, 2018||October 19, 2018||September 7, 2018|
|Winterim 2019||January 2 - 17, 2019||January 2, 2019||November 16, 2018|
|Spring I 2019||January 22 - March 15, 2019||January 14-15, 2019||December 21, 2018|
|Spring II 2019||March 18 - May 17, 2019||March 15, 2019||February 11, 2019|
|Summer 2019||June 3 - July 26, 2019||June 3, 2019||April 29, 2019|