For a smooth transition and a respected degree, consider Notre Dame.
Every year, approximately 60 students transfer to our university for our welcoming community and the many programs that enable them to complete their degrees in a timely manner.
Students are eligible to transfer up to 68 credits from a community college and up to 90 credits from another four-year institution. Students must receive a grade of C or higher in their courses to receive credit at Notre Dame.
Transfer credits are evaluated using the University's transfer policy and all prospective students have the opportunity to have their credits evaluated prior to applying to Notre Dame.
The admissions counselors at the Women's College can provide an unofficial evaluation and transfer overview during an initial, individualized visit to campus or during one of the many transfer fairs and programs in which we participate.
Transfer Admissions Process
We strongly encourage transfer students to apply early to ensure the best selection of classes and to obtain financial aid. Applications are completed on a rolling basis year-round, however, we encourage all students to apply and be accepted at least a month before the start of each semester, especially if they plan to secure financial aid.
Priority Filing Date
- Fall Transfer Admission: March 15
- Spring Transfer Admission: December 15
Applications received after these dates will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
What We Look For
The following information is assessed during the application review process:
- Quality and strength of the student’s curriculum
- Grades received in all college-level courses, especially those in the liberal arts, math and sciences
- Writing skills as evidenced through an essay or writing sample
Transfer students applying to Notre Dame are asked to submit the following documents for consideration:
- Completed application (online form or paper copy) Apply for Admission
- $45 application fee or signed waiver from an alumna, alumnus, staff or faculty member
- Official high school transcript (Not required for students with at least 30 hours of transferable college credits; SAT or ACT scores are required for those with fewer than 30 credit hours.)
- Official college transcripts from all academic institutions previously attended
- Collegiate Writing Sample or Admissions Essay
Financial Aid Assistance
Financial aid is available to all students. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for consideration of assistance from the federal/state government, external companies/agencies and Notre Dame institutional need-based grants.
Schedule a Visit
Schedule a visit to meet with an admissions counselor to learn more about transferring credits and the transfer admissions process. Campus tours, class visits and appointments with academic departments are also available.
Talk to an Admissions Counselor
Contact an admissions counselor to request information and learn more about our programs.