The Bonner Scholars is a four-year scholarship program that supports a strong team of students working to bring about positive community change through service, research, and action.
As a Bonner Scholar, you have an opportunity to build a close relationship with a non-profit community partner by volunteering during your four years at Notre Dame.
In the beginning, you will learn the strengths and needs of the non-profit before gradually increasing the responsibility of your role through leadership of programs, research projects, volunteer recruitment, training, and other efforts.
By aligning your service project with your academic goals and career aspirations, you will graduate with resume-boosting skills, knowledge, and experience.
All students are required to:
- Complete eight or more hours of community service per week with a local non-profit community partner
- Attend two hours of personal, professional and/or leadership training per week
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA each semester
- Attend orientation and all Bonner events
Bonner Scholars meet weekly to discuss topics such as time management, conflict resolution, poverty reduction, and education reform.
- Resident students with Pell eligibility of any major are qualified.
- Students volunteer for 300 hours a year (150 hours per semester).
Students are paid $10/hr for the first 170 hours and $6,000 toward housing expenses.
How to Apply
Deadline: June 13, 2016
Students will be notified and interviewed on Orientation day (June 16, 2016) by current Bonner Leaders.
Finalists who are unable to attend the in-person interviews will be able to interview via Skype or phone.
For more information, please contact the Bonner Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.