We process course registration for each of Notre Dame of Maryland University's colleges and schools, in addition to handling all student records and transcripts with appropriate confidentiality.
Register for Classes
Toward the end of each semester, current students have an opportunity to register for classes for the following term.
Registration may be done:
- By mail
- By fax
- Through WebAdvisor
Registration typically closes one week prior to the start of the semester, with a drop/add period during the first week of classes.
The official transcript contains identifying information, a complete record of all coursework, transfer credits, academic status and any degree(s) or certificate(s) granted.
Academic Records - FERPA Policy
Academic records and transcripts are also housed in the Registrar’s Office. Notre Dame of Maryland has a commitment to protect the confidentiality of student records. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), as amended, and associated regulations establishes requirements regarding the privacy of student records and provides students with certain rights with respect to their education records.
- the right to inspect and review their records;
- the right to request an amendment of the student’s education record they believe is inaccurate;
- the right to consent to disclosure of personally identifiable information (PII) contained in the student’s record (except where FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent).
One exception that permits disclosure without consent is for school/university officials with legitimate educational interests. For more detailed information on academic records, see the University Catalog.
Students have the ability to provide an approval for others (parents, spouses, etc) to have access to educational and financial records by completing an Authorization to Release Student Information Form.
FERPA permits the disclosure of PII from students’ education records, without the consent of the student, if the disclosure meets certain conditions found in §99.31 of the FERPA regulations, including Directory Information. Notre Dame considers the following to be directory information:
- Student’s Name;
- Email Address;
- Photograph (when created by the University for the purposes of promotion or advertisement);
- Major/minor/concentration field of study
- Dates of attendance;
- Grade level (e.g. junior, senior);
- Degrees, honors, and awards received;
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Weight and height of members of athletic teams
Students must send a written request to the registrar’s office in the first week of the semester to place a hold on the release of any of this directory information. The hold is valid for one semester.
Gibbons Hall, Room 125
ND Express: 410-532-3600
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 12:00 - 4:30 pm