The Renaissance Institute is an independent lifelong learning institute within Notre Dame of Maryland University. The RI office (Room 111) and most of our classrooms are located in Fourier Hall, which is on the corner of North Charles Street and Homeland Avenue.
- Create a mentally stimulating program that provides a means by which men and women 50 years of age and over may use their talents, experiences, and skills creatively in shared intellectual and cultural pursuits;
- Explore new interests;
- Discover and develop latent abilities;
- Contribute to the immediate or broader community;
- Exchange ideas with people who share their interests and enthusiasms;
- Enhance the reputation of Notre Dame of Maryland University as an innovative center for learning.
The Renaissance Institute is open to all persons who have reached the age of 50. Currently, we have over 300 members.
Members may enroll in as many courses as they wish subject to classroom capacity and instructor preference.
Courses are presented on Tuesdays and Thursdays during 13-week spring and fall semesters. Normal course lengths are either 6 or 7 weeks, or the full 13 weeks. Each class meets for seventy-five minutes.
For more information and to inquire about membership, please contact us or complete the form below.