Each year, Notre Dame brings women leaders to campus to share their inspiring journeys. Our speakers represent a broad range of professional fields and personal experiences.
The date is set for the 17th Annual Busta Forum! Save the date for Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
Thank you for attending the 16th Annual Busta Forum! We look forward to seeing you at next year's event. Stay tuned and keep tabs on this page for upcoming information.
16th Annual Busta Forum: Stories of Growth. Connections. Access.
The 16th Annual Busta Forum was a huge success! Missed the discussion? View it on YouTube!
Stories of Growth. Connections. Access. To succeed personally and professionally today, you need well-rounded skills. But how do you develop those skills? And what are they? Find out through discussions and shared stories with four outstanding women. The journey is just beginning.
India Gary-Martin, CEO of Leadership for Life
Kate Bowers, Vice President of Public Relations Client Services at Weinberg Harris & Associates
Janese Murray, Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion, Exelon Corporation (Ret.)
Linda Singh, Major General of the Maryland Army National Guard
About the Forum
The Charles J. Busta III Business Forum is designed to showcase the thoughts and experiences of business leaders, especially women leaders, in order to encourage creativity and personal growth in women. The series was created in memory of Charles J. “CB” Busta, a Notre Dame trustee and marketing executive who died in 1999.
All individuals invited to speak are recognized in their chosen fields. We seek inspirational professionals of integrity who have made a real difference, overcome significant obstacles, or delivered dramatic success. We especially seek women professionals with these credentials in order to present strong role models who can set a standard of achievement for Notre Dame students.
Our invited speakers are chosen based on a strong set of credentials including:
- Competitive Spirit Balancing Business, Personal and Spiritual Life
2018: Mayor Catherine E. Pugh, Baltimore City
2017: Donna Orender, Founder and CEO of Orender Unlimited, and former WNBA President and PGA Tour Vice President
2016: Shira Shafir, Director of Social Innovation and Impact at TOMS
2015: Insights from Women Leaders in STEM: Inspiring the Next Generation
- Judith Britz, Ph.D., Former Executive Director of BioMaryland Center
- Alison Brown, Senior Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer of University of Maryland Medical System
- Gloria Flach, Corporate Vice President and President of Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems
- Kathryn Freeland, President/Chief Executive Officer of A-TEK, Inc.
- Moderated by LaVida Cooper '03, Telecommunications and Technology Branch Head, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
2014: The Arts Transforming Communities
- Marin Alsop, Music Director of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Doreen Bolger, Director of the Baltimore Museum of Art
- Rebecca Hoffberger, Director of the American Visionary Art Museum
- Julia Marciari-Alexander, Executive Director of the Walters Art Museum
View the Lecture
2013: Cindy Wolf, Executive Chef of Charleston restaurant and a partner in Foreman Wolf
2012: Patricia M.C. Brown, Esq., President of Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC and Notre Dame trustee
View the Lecture