How to Apply
If an F-1 student visa holder is interested in transferring to the ELI, the following steps must be taken:
First, inform the International Student Advisor at your current school that you wish to transfer F-1 status to the English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University.
Second, send a completed student application to the ELI, along with:
- Official High School (Secondary School) or College Transcript with English Translation
- Passport-Size Photo
- Proof of Financial Support (original bank statement in English and U.S. dollars with letter of sponsorship)
- Completed Health/TB and Meningococcal Form (DOC) (if you wish to live on campus)
- Application Fee*
- Express Mail Fee (if the I-20 will be mailed to a foreign address)*
- Non-Refundable Housing Deposit (if the student wishes to live on campus)*
*See Application for Current Fees
Fees can be paid by check, money order, credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover), or wire transfer.
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Notre Dame of Maryland University.
To wire money, please use the following information, and email us at ELI@ndm.edu when the wire is sent.
Bank: M&T Bank, Baltimore, Maryland
Account Name: Notre Dame of Maryland University
Account #: 19150050
Swift Code: MANTUS33
Once you have been accepted to the ELI, your current school will set a release date for transferring the SEVIS immigration record to the ELI.
After the SEVIS record is released, a new I-20 will be generated by the ELI.