International students interested in studying full-time must receive an F-1 student visa. The first step in the process is to be accepted by the English Language Institute.
How to Apply
Send a completed student application to the ELI, along with:
- Official High School (Secondary School) or College Transcript with English Translation
- Passport-Size Photo
- Proof of Financial Support (original bank statement in English and U.S. dollars with letter of sponsorship)
- Completed Health/TB and Meningococcal Form (DOC) (if you wish to live on campus)
- Application Fee*
- Express Mail Fee (if the I-20 will be mailed to a foreign address)*
- Non-Refundable Housing Deposit (if the student wishes to live on campus)*
*See Application for Current Fees
Fees can be paid by check, money order, credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover), or wire transfer.
Checks and money orders should be made payable to Notre Dame of Maryland University.
To wire money, please use the following information, and email us at ELI@ndm.edu when the wire is sent.
Bank: M&T Bank, Baltimore, Maryland
Account Name: Notre Dame of Maryland University
Account #: 19150050
Swift Code: MANTUS33
Apply for a Visa
Once accepted to ELI, you must apply for an F-1 Student Visa.
It will take up to ten days to process once we receive your completed application. We will then create an official acceptance package, along with an I-20 form.
The visa application process can be started as soon as the acceptance package is received.
- Pay the SEVIS fee.
- Make an appointment for a visa interview with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the your home country. (Note: Make an appointment as early as possible as it could take several weeks to get an appointment.)
On the day of the interview, all immigration documents should be brought to the Embassy, including the I-20 generated by the ELI. Be prepared to answer questions about your purpose of stay in the U.S.
Learn more about Visas from the U.S. State Department.